Earning the CIBD charter demonstrates you have the knowledge, skills, and experience needed for increased responsibilities and advanced management in today’s global business environment. The analysis-based curricula is highly valued by employees worldwide, and many candidates go on to senior roles within their organizations after successfully completing the program and passing the final exam. In order to qualify for the program, you must satisfy all of the requirements.
Enrolling in the CIBD Program gives you access to the IBD Network, which includes members working in all industries and sectors worldwide. CIBD Charterholders have the option to publish articles and research on IBD’s custom platform, which is shared throughout the IBD network.
To qualify for the CIBD Program, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the IBD Institute’s Code of Professional Ethics and Standards (CPES)
- Pass the CIBD exam and all related quizzes and assignments (you can retake each exam until you pass)
- Have at least a four-year college degree (or its equivalent based on your country of residence) from an accredited college or university
- Become a member of the IBD Institute by completing the online registration process for IBD’s network.
- Successful candidates take approximately four to six months to complete the program. Candidates can enroll in the program at any time throughout the year.
Scholarships are available to qualified candidates on a limited basis. All scholarships are merit-based.
The IBD Custom Learning Platform (CLP) allows candidates to track their progress as they complete each module of the program, take quizzes at the end of each module, view videos for the program, and take the final exam. All modules are timed. The CLP automatically scores each module, and the final exam. Candidates that score an overall grade of 72 or higher automatically earn The Charter in International Business Development.